Goodfood is Canada’s leading meal kit company, delivering fresh ingredients that make it easy for subscribers to prepare delicious meals at home every week.
Goodfood’s objective is to take the hassle out of cooking, leaving subscribers with the fun part - cooking, sharing with family and eating. Subscribers select their favourite recipes from a variety of original dishes online. The Company prepares a personalized box of fresh ingredients and delivers it to the subscriber's doorstep with easy step-by-step instructions.
Headquartered in Montreal, Goodfood had 189,000 active subscribers as of May 31, 2019, and over $200M in run-rate sales.
Goodfood is listed on the TSX under Ticker FOOD since June 2017.
For additional information on Goodfood, please visit the website: https://www.makegoodfood.ca/
Vice President, Revenue and Marketing
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Revenue and Marketing who is passionate about food and people will join the Revenue and Marketing team to help Goodfood get to the next level across the four business units: Ready to Cook Meals, Ready to Eat Meals, Breakfast Solutions, Everyday Grocery Essentials. The candidate will design the marketing strategy to drive revenue, direct and control Public Relations and Partnerships, Traditional Media (TV, OOH, Radio), Brand and Communications related activities as well as subscriber revenue maximization initiatives.
- Responsible for developing short, medium and long-range marketing plans for the company, translating the overall strategy into tactical plans to achieve the company’s revenue goals and objectives.
- Responsible for defining, developing, and implementing the brand strategy for specific products, product lines on a company-wide campaign basis through both national ad campaigns and highly targeted local marketing initiatives in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver.
- Applies consumer insights and market intelligence to the process of developing approaches to linking a brand identity to the company and its products.
- Collaborates with business units, regions, and channels to understand their market needs and links brand positioning to maximize customer loyalty and connection to the product and company.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities for subscriber revenue maximization and cross selling opportunities between our business units.
- Establishes and executes brand strategies and programs to achieve commercialization, profitability, business growth and market share objectives.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to lead brand planning efforts and develop brand personality in conjunction with other stakeholders.
- Manages the development, implementation, and coordination of internal and external public relations strategies, with the goal of establishing and maintaining a favorable image of the company with investors, potential customers, employees and the public.
- Develops objectives and strategies for the overall effectiveness and execution of marketing events, such as trade shows and/or customer related events.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to marketing methods and programs.
- Is responsible for a team of Partnerships, Traditional and social Media Directors, Managers and Specialist, Graphic Designers and Copywriters.
Vice President, Revenue and Marketing
The Vice President, Revenue and Marketing is a true business partner to the entrepreneurial cofounders and leadership team. He/she has provided excellent counsel, advice, vision, analyses and recommendations related to performance enhancement, business models and ongoing business activities.
The Vice President, Revenue and Marketing will display a deeply quantitative approach to Marketing and will have built and led a performance marketing team and budget. He/she has a current knowledge of the systems and tools required to build a robust performance marketing program.
Experiences and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree;
- Bilingual (French and English);
- 10-12 years of experience in Marketing in E-commerce;
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills;
- Attention to detail and sense of organization;
- Proficient in setting up and managing multiple online and offline channels;
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines;
- Outstanding verbal/written communication and active listening skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and Excel (advances);
- Proven skills in project management; and
- Experience working in the field of food (an asset).
- Expert leader at delivery and execution in an agile and lean dynamic environment;
- Desire to roll up sleeves and do the work, yet have experience and enthusiasm for building/leading a team;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, listening and facilitation;
- Ability to balance short-term tactical decisions with long-term strategic thinking;
- Great personal motivation and good problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, ability to speak publicly;
- Ability to think outside the box and bring innovative ideas; and
- A passion for food.
This role will be based in Montreal, Quebec, with limited travel required throughout Canada.
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please submit your resume and information to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title and organization you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
We would like to thank all the applicants, but regret that we are only able to personally contact those individuals whose backgrounds best match the requirements for the role.