Goodfood is Canada’s leading meal kit company, delivering fresh ingredients that make it easy for subscribers to prepare delicious meals at home every week.
Goodfood’s objective is to take the hassle out of cooking, leaving subscribers with the fun part - cooking, sharing with family and eating. Subscribers select their favourite recipes from a variety of original dishes online. The Company prepares a personalized box of fresh ingredients and delivers it to the subscriber's doorstep with easy step-by-step instructions.
Headquartered in Montreal, Goodfood had 189,000 active subscribers as of May 31, 2019, and over $200M in run-rate sales.
Goodfood is listed on the TSX under Ticker FOOD since June 2017.
For additional information on Goodfood, please visit the website: https://www.makegoodfood.ca/
Vice President, National Supply Chain and Execution
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and Head of Strategic Execution, the Vice President, National Supply Chain and Execution will ensure that the company is forward thinking in core logistical competencies such as the scale and quality of the customer experience. Not only will he/she be working in an intellectually fast-paced business, he/she will also be working with a team that loves their work and makes sure that all employees are engaged.
The position is an entrepreneurial mix of exceptional team management, technical ownership, scaling ability, mentoring and management, coupled with strong interface skills when working with business stakeholders.
- Accountable for leading the sourcing function nationally to minimize overall cost, take advantage of scale and ensure continuity of supply while improving supplier quality;
- Accountable for developing, maintaining and managing the team across multiple production facilities;
- Build a team of A-players to ensure all internal client departments have necessary packaging to complete member orders on time and in full;
- Take full ownership of setting and hitting cost-cutting objectives through existing suppliers (reduction of the CPI basket through existing suppliers);
- Evaluate supply chain risk. Set and hit de-risking objectives to ensure availability and continuity of supply;
- Oversee all categories to make sure the following KPIs are under control: waste levels, inventory levels, services levels to production, service levels to members, prices of SKUs, quality of products, food safety, etc.;
- Ensure the team of directors, managers and buyers are executing on all strategies impacting the client (clean labels, product specifications, branding and packaging details, etc.);
- Development and maintenance of a preferred provider roster by product and business line to drive value and/or cost reduction where applicable;
- Assessment of existing, modification and/or development of new procurement practices that align with Goodfood sustainability and objectives;
- Take full ownership of demand planning;
- Take full ownership of week-to-week procurement activities;
- Negotiate with vendors and manage supplier relationships for both short-term client needs and long-term contractual agreements; and
- Ensure accuracy of reporting and analytics. Ensure the continuous improvement of information databases.
Vice President, National Supply Chain and Execution
The Vice President, National Supply Chain and Execution is a true business partner to the entrepreneurial cofounders and leadership team. He/she has provided excellent counsel, advice, vision, analyses and recommendations related to performance enhancement, business models and ongoing business activities.
He/she will possess excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication and problem-solving skills and has a proven successful track record of organizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and delivering within budget and on schedule.
Experiences and Competencies
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree with a specialization in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics;
- An advanced degree – MBA an asset;
- At least 10 years of experience in food purchasing and inventory management (retail/wholesale), or similar consulting experience;
- Experience working directly with growers and product manufacturers would be an asset;
- Able to lead change; build high-performing teams and model high performance standards;
- The ability to execute with a tenacious drive for results utilizing sound project management, organization and problem-solving tactics;
- A strategic thinker with the ability to make sound business judgment related to strategic supply philosophies and initiatives;
- Technical skills including strong negotiation skills; comprehensive understanding of operations management and supply chain processes in a large organization powered by technology-driven sourcing processes;
- Fully bilingual (French and English);
- Strong belief in conducting business ethically;
- Ability to work in a fast-aced, detail-oriented environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, advanced in Excel; and
- Flexible availability.
- Expert leader at delivery and execution in an agile and lean dynamic environment;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, listening and facilitation;
- Thinker and planner – able to see potential issues and requirements ahead of time, plan and execute them;
- Ability to balance short-term tactical decisions with long-term strategic thinking;
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, ability to speak publicly;
- Ability to think outside the box and bring innovative ideas; and
- A passion for food.
This role will be based in Montreal, Quebec, with limited travel required throughout Canada.
To explore this exciting opportunity further, please submit your resume and information to email@example.com and indicate the position title and organization you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
We would like to thank all the applicants, but regret that we are only able to personally contact those individuals whose backgrounds best match the requirements for the role.